OFFICE MANAGER–Spanish fluency desired (full-time/part-time)
Description: Bromberg, Kohler Maya & Maschler PLLC, a small, top-rated immigration law firm near Farragut West metro seeks a part-time office manager, preferably bilingual, to handle the bulk of financial and administrative aspects of our office. This position is an excellent opportunity for a meticulously-organized individual who is ready to take on new challenges, multitask, collaborate, and work independently. Additionally, our new team member will assist in other areas of our broad-based immigration practice, which focuses primarily on reuniting families and obtaining protection for those who have been subjected to persecution or violence. Bookkeeping experience, especially with QuickBooks, is preferred. Salary commensurate with experience.
BKMM is currently seeking an office manager to assist with financial, administrative, and communication responsibilities. Prefer an individual who is fluent in Spanish. Interested individuals should send a detailed letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manage firm’s finances and ensure sound fiscal practices
- Maintain firm’s QuickBooks account and reconcile deposits and transactions
- Make semi-weekly deposits and keep detailed records of how much clients have paid toward their legal fees or immigration fees
- Set up new clients in firm’s billing software and manage the processing of payments
- Organize and execute monthly billing of clients
- Issue checks for bills and application filing fees
- Identify and rectify accounting and billing errors
- Execute semi-monthly payroll using Paychex
- Track employee benefits, vacation time, and sick leave
- Maintain meticulous records of all financial documents
- Answer phones and relay messages to paralegals and attorneys
- Greet clients and process initial consultation payments
- Schedule and confirm consultations and appointments
- Receive, organize, scan, and distribute mail
- Assist in the maintenance of physical client files, as well as electronic case management
- Order and organize office supplies
- Coordinate with service providers (such as tech services) to troubleshoot problems
- Publish monthly newsletter using MailChimp
- Maintain MailChimp database of individuals who receive newsletter
Case Work (based upon time, ability, and interest)
- Assist attorneys and paralegals with case-related administrative tasks on an as-needed basis, including: properly preparing submissions for court and USCIS, scanning and copying submissions, and creating FedEx labels
- Correspond with potential and existing clients regarding appointments, deadlines, and other subjects as requested
- Other case work (including researching country conditions, drafting motions, and meeting with clients to work on applications) can be assigned depending on availability and interest
Desired Tech Skills
- Microsoft Office
- G Suite (Google Calendar, Google Hangouts, Google Drive)
- Accounting/billing software (we currently use Timeslips but may transition to other software shortly)
Spanish Language tasks
- Answer phone calls and set up appointments
- Interpret/translate as needed
- Draft correspondence in Spanish
- (As needed) Assist clients or witnesses with completion of immigration forms and/or statements
Job Qualifications: Excellent organization is a must! We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented, meticulous, good-humored, and enterprising. Given the small size of our firm, we want someone who is excited about taking on new tasks and learning new skills. Strong writing skills are required. A good fit will be someone who is unafraid to ask for clarification and guidance or to provide input. Ability to speak, read, write, and translate Spanish is strongly desired. Authorization to work in the United States is required.
Application process: Interested applicants should send a detailed letter of interest, resume, transcript, writing sample, and three references by email to: email@example.com with “Office Manager” and your last name in the subject line. Please attach all documents as Word or PDF files, labeled with your last name and the nature of the document in the title.
Bromberg, Kohler Maya & Maschler, PLLC typically has openings for internships beginning in September, January, and May. If you are interested in applying to be an intern in our office, please contact us.