Extension or change of status

We regularly assist individuals in seeking to extend visitor status or change status to another visa category.  If circumstances change and you will not be leaving within the period of authorized stay specified on the  I-94 card placed in your passport upon entry, it is essential that you file to extend or change your status before it lapses. We have assisted many individuals in extending and changing their status.  It is important to understand the distinction between the period of validity of the visa and the period of authorized stay (indicated on the I-94 card in the passport).  A ten-year visitor visa does NOT mean the individual is authorized to stay in the U.S. for ten years!


The content of this website is meant only to acquaint you with general information about immigration.This information is not legal advice and is not a substitute for having a consultation with an attorney. If you have additional questions or would like to schedule a consultation, please contact us.