Fiance visa

This visa allows your future spouse to travel to the U.S before the marriage has taken place. Only U.S. citizens are eligible to file fiance visas. With very limited exceptions, the future husband and wife must show that they have met in-person less than two years before filing the petition, and must demonstrate that they communicate regularly.  If you plan to marry in the U.S. and are applying for a fiancee visa (I-129F), the petitioner (U.S. citizen) should apply on behalf of his or her fiancee (the beneficiary) with USCIS. The file is then sent to the State Department and the embassy in the fiancee’s country for additional processing.  An individual who enters with a fiance visa must marry the petitioner within 90 days of entering the United States.


The content of this website is meant only to acquaint you with general information about immigration.This information is not legal advice and is not a substitute for having a consultation with an attorney. If you have additional questions or would like to schedule a consultation, please contact us.