Consular Processing

If you do not currently live in the U.S., you can apply for a green card through the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in the country where you live if a relative or employer has filed an approved I-130 or I-140 petition for you.  Visa application forms and documents including identification, medical exams and criminal records clearances are necessary for all consulates. Procedures vary slightly by country, so our office will assist you in submitting the forms and documents required for your consulate to schedule you for an immigrant visa interview.

Information on the specific steps to consular processing is here.


The content of this website is meant only to acquaint you with general information about immigration.This information is not legal advice and is not a substitute for having a consultation with an attorney. If you have additional questions or would like to schedule a consultation, please contact us.